When you love someone, it’s a page. You read it once and then it’s done. When you’re in love, it’s a novel. You’re invested. It’s your favorite story—and although you’ve read it before, you’ll keep reading it, just so you can experience it all over again.
Abbie Nielsen (via narobe)
i really love this and wish i had read it a few years ago
Dear Future Daughter:
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently.
You didn’t love her.
You just didn’t want to be alone.
Or maybe, she was just good for your ego.
Or, or maybe she just made you feel better about your miserable life.
But you didn’t love her,
because you don’t destroy people you love.